Topic: Intervention

Chevron hires Worley to provide brownfield solutions for Gulf of Mexico asset

Region: Gulf of Mexico
Content Types: Report
Date: Apr, 2021

AdobeStock 59087740Chevron U.S.A. (Chevron) has awarded Worley, a global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors, an engineering and procurement services contract to provide brownfield modification services for one of its deepwater production facilities located in the Ballymore oil and gas field, Gulf of Mexico.

Ballymore is a large oil and gas field drilled by Chevron in 2018. It is located in the Mississippi Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico, in water depth of 6,536 feet. Chevron is the operator and holds a 60% working interest in the prospect, with Total owning the remaining 40%.

Worley will provide engineering and design services for the integration and subsea tieback of the Ballymore oil and gas field, support both the subsea and topsides designs and will also provide procurement services for topsides.

The topsides services and project management will be executed by Worley’s US Gulf Coast team, with Intecsea executing the subsea portion of the project. Intecsea is part of Worley’s Advisian consulting business and is a world leader in subsea systems, offshore pipelines, floating systems and overall field development. Support will also be provided by Worley’s Global Integrated Delivery office in India.

Chris Ashton, Chief Executive Officer of Worley, commented, “As a global professional services company headquartered in Australia, we look forward to helping Chevron meet the world’s changing energy needs and continuing Worley’s longstanding global relationship with Chevron.”